Young Roadies is an organization under ROADwomen that teaches young people the importance of political participation.
- To foster and encourage political activity among young voters and those approaching the voting age;
- To introduce and acquaint these individuals with the Democratic Party;
- To contribute to the growth and influence of Houston’s Democratic Party, to develop leadership, and foster connections between party affiliates and community activists.
- To stimulate and involve young people of Harris County in the governmental affairs;
- To encourage political awareness and inspire political action in Houston;
- To increase the efficiency of popular government;
- To foster and perpetuate the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party;
- To provide for our people through its administration, the highest degree of justice and social welfare;
- To improve the living conditions in our communities.
Our membership in Young Roadies is open to every resident of Houston who is has attained the age of eighteen (18) and has not yet reached the age of forty (40). No person shall be denied membership on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender identity, religion or the lack thereof, economic status, national origin, sexual orientation or disability. Young Roadies is affiliated with the River Oaks Area Democratic Women. If you're interested in joining the group or have questions about upcoming events, Contact Us!